Vessel IT solutions
RELIABLE COMMUNICATIONS MEAN LESS DOWNTIME
Clipper offers a powerful service solution for fleet management. One of the specialized services within Clipper Fleet Management (CFM) is Vessel IT. Our dedicated Vessel IT team in Mumbai is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure, including satellite communications, onboard the vessels managed by CFM. In addition, the team handles onboard IT training for crew and a 24/7 helpdesk to the fleet worldwide. Our Vessel IT team also serves external customers in need of offshore IT solutions.
Offshore IT is a complex task requiring meticulous attention to detail and keeping the eye on the ball at all times. To monitor and maintain the entire infrastructure from shore is challenging: hardware, software, servers, network, coverage and speed, satellite systems, back-up, emergency power supply and more. To minimize communication failure is crucial in minimizing vessel downtime – and this is where our specialized Vessel IT team can really add value to its clients.
Top class Vessel IT performance is made possible by:
- Customized solutions developed by ship owner to ship owner
- Incorporating the entire vessel operations, inspections, maintenance and communication
- Over 100 validated implementations to bulkers, MPP vessels, tugs, chemical tankers and gas carriers
- Highly experienced staff with Marine Engineering and Navigation background
- High importance on crew training and the company’s Safety Management System